When it comes to content, easy to consume means just that – content that is easy for your audience to digest. This can be achieved in a number of ways, such as through shorter paragraphs, using bullet points, and including plenty of visuals.
Why is easy to consume content so important? Because if your audience is struggling to make sense of what you’re saying, they’re likely to tune out completely. And that’s the last thing you want!
So if you’re looking to create content that will actually be read and understood by your target audience, keep these tips in mind. Your readers will thank you for it! So what does creating content mean then? Creating content for us is about providing valuable information, which can be consumed by your target audience. You can do this through a variety of different mediums including blogs, social media posts, and email newsletters.
1: Keep it short
When it comes to content, keeping it short is one of the best ways to make it easy to consume. After all, who wants to read a novel when they’re just trying to get some quick information?
So how do you keep your content short and sweet? Here are a few tips:
1. Get to the point.
Don’t beat around the bush – get straight to the heart of the matter. Your readers will appreciate you for it.
2. Keep your sentences short and sweet.
Again, no one wants to read a wall of text. So keep your sentences nice and concise.
3. Use bullet points or lists whenever possible.
Lists are an easy way to break up your text and make it more digestible for your readers. So if you can list out your points, do so!
2: Use headlines and subheadings
When readers see a wall of text, their first reaction is usually to run away screaming. But if you break up your content with headlines and subheadings, you can make it much easier for them to digest.
Headlines and subheadings help to guide readers through your content, and they also make it easier to skim-read. If you want people to actually read your articles, then using headlines and subheadings is one of the best ways to go about it.
3: Use bullet points and lists
These tips will help you make your content more readable and digestible.
So what’s the best way to make your content easy to consume?
Bullet points and lists are a great way to break up large chunks of text and make your content more skimmable. When used correctly, they can also help highlight key points and information.
Use lists Lists are a good way to present information clearly and effectively.
4: Use images, infographics, and videos
Images, infographics, and videos are great ways to make your content more engaging and easy to consume. By using visual aids, you can break up text and make complex topics more digestible. Images and videos also capture attention and can help explain concepts more clearly.
When selecting visuals for your content, it’s important to choose high-quality images that are relevant to the topic at hand. Infographics should be clear and concise, with an easily identifiable call-to-action. Videos should be short, sweet, and to the point – viewers have short attention spans these days!
By following these tips, you can ensure that your content is easy to consume and engaging for your audience. So what are you waiting for? Start incorporating images, infographics, and videos into your next piece of content!
5: Use easy to read font types and sizes
In order to make your content easy to consume, it is important to use font types and sizes that are easy to read. Some fonts are more difficult to read than others, so it is important to choose a font that is easy to read. Additionally, the size of the font should be large enough so that readers do not have to strain their eyes in order to read it.
6: Write in an active voice
When it comes to writing content, using active language is key to making sure your readers can easily consume and understand what you’re saying. Active language is defined as “the use of verbs and nouns that clearly state the doer of the action.” In other words, it’s all about ensuring that your subjects and verbs agree. This may seem like a small detail, but it can make a big difference in how your content is received.
Use short, active sentences to keep your writing interesting and easy to read. Active voice is when the subject of the sentence is doing the action. For example, “The cat chased the mouse.” Passive voice would be, “The mouse was chased by the cat.”
The passive voice often uses weaker verbs and can muddle up your meaning. For another example, compare these two sentences: “The ball was caught by John” (passive) versus “John caught the ball” (active). The second sentence is much clearer and easier to understand.
7: Highlight key takeaways
1. In order to make your content easy to consume, you should highlight the key takeaways. This will help your readers to understand what they are supposed to get out of your article.
2. There are a few different ways that you can go about highlighting the key takeaways from your content. One way is to use bullet points or numbers to list them out. Another way is to bold or italicize the key takeaways.
3. Whichever method you choose, just make sure that the key takeaways are prominently displayed so that your readers can easily find and understand them. By following this tip, you’ll be well on your way to creating content that is easy and enjoyable for your readers to consume.
8: Use transitions to improve readability
If you’re looking for ways to make your content more readable, one of the best things you can do is to use transitions. Transitions help readers understand how different ideas are connected, and they can make your writing flow more smoothly.
Here are some tips for using transitions effectively:
– Use transitions at the beginning of paragraphs to show how the new paragraph is related to the previous one.
– Use transitions between sections to show how those sections are related.
– Use different types of transitions for different purposes. For example, you might use a “sequence” transition to show that one event happened after another, or a “cause and effect” transition to show that one event led to another.
– Be consistent in your use of transitions. If you start using a certain type of transition regularly, stick with it throughout your piece of writing.
9: Check for grammar and spelling mistakes
According to a study by Content Marketing Institute, 8 out of 10 people will leave a piece of content if there are grammar or spelling mistakes. This means that if you want your content to be consumed, you need to make sure it is error-free.
There are a few ways you can do this. First, proofread your content yourself. If you’re not a strong speller or have trouble with grammar, there are many online tools that can help, such as Grammarly. Another option is to have someone else proofread your content for you. Finally, if you’re using video or audio content, make sure to transcribe it and then proofread the transcript.
By taking these steps, you can be sure that your content is error-free and easy to consume.
10: Experiment with different formats
As a business owner, you know that content is key to driving traffic to your website and engaging potential customers. But what’s the best way to make sure your content is easy for your audience to consume?
One way to do this is to experiment with different formats. For example, you might try using a mix of text, images, and videos on your website or blog. You could also create infographics or other visual content to break up long blocks of text.
By trying out different formats, you can find what works best for your business and your audience. So don’t be afraid to experiment – it just might be the best way to ensure that your content is easy to consume.
11: Create a catchy headline
In order to make your content easy to consume, you need to have a catchy headline. Here are 11 ways to create a catchy headline:
1. Use numbers and lists. People love lists because they are easy to read and digest. For example, instead of “5 ways to improve your memory,” try “11 scientifically proven ways to improve your memory.”
2. Be clear and concise. Don’t try to be clever or cute with your headlines. Be straightforward and to the point.
3. Use strong verbs. Verbs like “boost,” “improve,” “enhance,” etc., will grab attention and let readers know that your content can help them in some way.
4. Make a promise. Tell readers what they can expect from your article, such as “10 tips for increasing productivity at work.
5. Use a number of different headlines to match the content of your article. Headlines that are too similar do not grab attention. 6. Ask a question. This is another way to get your audience’s attention and compel them to read more.
7. Don’t over-promise. Get to the point. If you can’t deliver on what you promise, don’t make promises in the first place.
8. Use numbers and statistics. Numbers grab attention and help readers understand that your content is credible and has been researched thoroughly.
12: Use colour and imagery
1. According to a study by the University of Missouri, using colour and imagery can make your content more easy to consume.
2. The study found that when participants were given coloured and images along with text, they had an easier time understanding and recalling the information.
3. So if you want your audience to really take in what you’re saying, consider using some visuals to help get your point across.
13: Entertain with a story
If you’re looking for a way to make your content more engaging, try using storytelling. Storytelling is a powerful tool that can help you connect with your audience and deliver your message in a way that is easy to understand and remember. Here are some tips for using storytelling in your content marketing:
1. Use stories to introduce your brand or product.
2. Share customer stories to show how your product or service has helped others.
3. Use data and statistics to tell a more compelling story.
4. Use images and visuals to support your story.
5. Keep your story concise and focus on one key point.
6. Make sure your story has a beginning, middle, and end.
7. Use humor to lighten the mood and make your story more enjoyable to read or listen to.
8. Share stories that make you and your brand relatable.
9. Share customer stories to show how a product or service has helped someone else.
10. Use videos to tell a story in an entertaining way.
11. Use a podcast to tell your story in an audio format.
12. Use a blog post to tell your story in the written word.
If you want people to actually read your content, you need to make it easy for them to do so. Breaking up your text with headlines, bullets and images makes it skimmable and easy to digest. And using short paragraphs, simple words and an active voice will make your writing even more readable. As a content creator, you want your work to be read and understood by as many people as possible. To make your content easy to consume, follow the tips outlined above.
Let’s stay connected ***
My website: WPGOSOCIAL.com is a web development and marketing company. We specialize in helping Small Businesses develop credibility and brand awareness.
Quora: general questions and answers about web design, web hosting, marketing, SEO and more.
Pinterest: for marketing infographics and more.
Stop by just to say hi, or come check out the great content on our other platforms.